Bonavita Connoisseur 8-Cup One-Touch Thermal Coffee Brewer BV1901TS
Featuring Hanging Filter Basket - SCA Certified Home Brewer
The Connoisseur offers curated features that mimic the artisan pour-over brewing method. Originally developed to determine how to best define coffee quality, the Golden Cup Standard established a relationship between objective measurements and popular preferences for ideal coffee flavor intensity and brew strength. By operating this brewer using our recommended instructions you will be able to brew a Golden Cup carafe of coffee at home.
- Performance coffee brewer makes an 8-cup carafe in about 6 minutes
- Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains an optimal brewing temperature between 198°-205°F
- Optional pre-infusion mode mimics the artisan pour-over brewing method by pausing the water flow allowing the coffee grounds time to bloom
- Showerhead design facilitates even saturation of coffee grounds
- Audible signal when brewing cycle ends
- Hanging flat-bottom filter basket works in partnership with showerhead to provide uniform flavor extraction
- One-touch brewing for ease of use Carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are dishwasher safe and use BPA-free plastic
- 1.3 L stainless steel thermal carafe provides improved heat retention and pourability when compared to our previous models
- 12.4"L x Width: 6.8"W x 12.2"H
- 1-year limited warranty
What does it mean to be SCA certified?
SCA stands for Specialty Coffee Association. This certification is granted only on a few specialty coffee makers that meet their rigorous technical requirements which are based on proper water temperature, brewing time, and ability to brew within the SCA Golden Cup recommendations.
QUESTION: What is the difference between the Bonavita BV1900TS and BV1901TS?
- ANSWER: These are identical brewers and the only difference is where the brew basket sits.