Nuova Simonelli 8 Liter Water Softener System Ascaso Addolcitore Filter KD8
- New condition
- Recommended for All Espresso Machines
- Water softeners reduce the calcium or magnesium ion concentration in hard water
- This system is built to reduce the hardness of the water being fed to the machine
- Using this filter is not recommended if your dissolved solids levels are greater then 250 ppm
- Softner Grain Capacity: 4400 gpg
- Dimensions: 17"H x 11"D x 8"W”
- 3/8” dedicated cold water line with shut-off valve and compression fitting
- KD8 Water Softener Spec Sheet
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
Water softeners reduce the calcium or magnesium ion concentration in hard water. Calcium and magnesium carbonates tend to precipitate out as adherent solids on the surfaces of pipes and especially on espresso machine heat exchanger surfaces of boilers. The resulting scale buildup can restrict water flow. In boilers, the deposits act as thermal insulation that impedes the flow of heat into the water; this not only reduces heating efficiency but allows the metal to overheat which, in a pressurized system, can lead to catastrophic failure.
Whether you area has hard water or not, it is a good idea to purchase and install a water softener to prevent calcium and lime deposits from accumulating in your espresso machine.
Shipping lead time is 1-5 business days. Product excluded from promotions and coupons.