Both espresso systems are built, sold and serviced in full partnership with La Marzocco. They also each provide many of the same Modbar benefits: increasing meaningful customer interactions and helping cafes to make a beautifully distinct design statement.
The Espresso EP is the original Modbar. It offers the ability to pressure profile your shots thanks to a built-in gear pump, all in a classic, elegant design. The EP is best for lower-volume cafes looking to create a unique espresso shot for their customers.
The Espresso AV is the first Modbar built from the ground up alongside La Marzocco. It is designed for high volume environments adding in auto-volumetric controls based on the Linea PB. One module can support two espresso taps, and the option of built-in scales gives cafe owners more control than ever.
The mod and tap work together to give you complete control over bar design and espresso extraction. We’ve worked with baristas, cafe owners, roasters and machine technicians to design state-of-the-art gear that transforms the customer experience.
- Multi-function brew lever, heated grouphead and shot timer
- 3-zone PID temperature control and 2 progressive boilers
- Sleek chromed tap can be customized for your aesthetic
- Pressure profiling, volumetric dosing, & brew temp control
The product of years of collaborative R&D between Modbar and La Marzocco, and based on R&D from the Linea PB and Linea Mini, Modbar Espresso AV comes with the same level of reliability, performance and temperature stability that made the Linea PB an industry icon.
- One under-counter module can support two espresso taps
- No additional power required to support two taps
- Ideal for high-volume environments
- Precise temperature stability, the same as the Linea PB
- Simple controls and multi-position programmable lever
- Dose by volume, weight or continuously
- Auto back-flush and rinse programs
- Adaptable drip tray comes with or without a built-in scale
Where is Modbar coffee equipment made?
Modbar equipment sold in the United States is built in our factory in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Outside the U.S., you will receive equipment built in the La Marzocco facilities in Scarperia, Italy.