La Marzocco GB5 S AV Auto Volumetric Espresso Machine GB5S
- Want to chat with our experts? Schedule a consultation
- Need Financing? Apply Here
- See a better price? Apply for a Price Match
- Free Installation! See what's included
- 13 Month Warranty
Equipped with proprietary La Marzocco electronics and advanced temperature stability, the GB5 S AV combines classical European design with cutting edge performance. The machine has been modernized since its original release in 2005 and is an elegant companion to any coffee bar. The two red lilies on the side shields recall the company’s Florentine heritage, while partially exposed groups offer a streamlined barista working experience. The machine provides the barista control over boiler temperature, brewing volume, hot water tap dose, automatic cleaning cycles and more to keep high quality coffee flowing even during the busiest hours.
The La Marzocco GB5 S AV espresso machine is built for handling the highest volume cafes. With four unique shot volumes capable of being programmed on each group, as well a continuous run option, this commercial machine truly shines in a long queue. Another available feature on the GB5 AV is the integration of the Auto-Brew Ratio (ABR) capability. This allows baristas to program a desired dose into optional scales in the drip tray that are wired directly to the machine for consistent outputs each and every time. The GB5 S AV’s attributes make pulling shots and steaming milk at the same time simpler and faster than ever.
You’ll find all of the commercial features on the GB5 S AV that has made the name “La Marzocco” synonymous with quality and reliability over the last century. Dual boilers optimize espresso brewing and steam production while dual PIDs allow you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperatures. The Piero group caps maintain thermal stability at the group heads, and a quick, automatic back flush takes place each time the portafilter is removed, keeping the machine clean during peak hours. Lastly, ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion, extending your GB5 S’s internal integrity.
La Marzocco GB5 S AV Features
- Auto-volumetric (AV) configuration, with or without scales
- Auto-volumetric (AV): The barista starts the shot, and the machine stops it based on the pre-programmed volume of water running through the coffee to achieve the preferred coffee volume.
- Auto-volumetric with Scales (ABR): The barista starts the shot and the machine stops it based on the weight of the coffee in the cup. Auto Brew Ratio utilizes a built-in scale to achieve the preferred coffee weight.
- Dual PID (coffee & steam): This allows you to electronically control coffee & steam boiler temperatures
- Piero Group Caps (AV and ABR): Re-engineered internal water path that increases temperature stability
- Dual Boilers: Separate boilers optimize espresso brewing and steam production
- Auto Backflush: Simplifies the cleaning process to improve efficiency
- Ruby Flow Restrictors: Ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion
- Dimmable Barista Lights: 3-stage LED lights for eco, on, and brewing modes allow you to focus on your extraction and the cup. Not dimmable in EE configuration.
- Easy Rebuild Steam Valve: Engineered so the valve can be serviced directly from the front of the machine without needing to be removed
- Partially Exposed Groups: Improved workspace visibility for streamlined barista workflow
- Certifications: UL-197, NSF-8, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 109
- Water filtration is required (sold separately)
- Portafilters with specialty baskets & blind baskets
- 3/8" braided steel water line
- 3/4" flex drain tube
- Short rubber feet/legs
- Standard stainless steel feet/legs
2 Group Specifications
- 21.4"H (high legs) x 29"W x 25.2"D
- Weight (lbs): 150
- Voltage (VAC, phase, Hz): 208-240, 1
- Element Wattage (W): 5200
- Brew Boiler Capacity (liters): 3.4
- Steam Boiler Capacity (liters): 7
- Amp Service Required: 30
3 Group Specifications
- 21.4"H (high legs) x 38.5"W x 25.2"D
- Weight (lbs): 171
- Voltage (VAC, phase, Hz): 60 208-240, 1
- Element Wattage (W): 6800
- Brew Boiler Capacity (liters): 5
- Steam Boiler Capacity (liters): 11
- Amp Service Required: 50
All new machines include a 13-month parts and labor warranty.