La Marzocco set out to design the Strada EP (Electronic Paddle) in response to a market shift to give baristas full control over the brewing process. The Strada EP provides baristas a more stable, reliable, and versatile espresso machine and allows them to showcase their very best coffees. The Strada EP incorporates technologies from the aerospace and medical industries where component failure is not acceptable.
Pressure profiling allows the barista to bring out different flavor components which affect the balance and body of the shot, and produce a rounder, softer espresso that highlights brightness, sweetness and delicate notes. The Strada EP enables the barista to create that perfect expression of a particular single origin coffee as an espresso, and reproduce a flavor profile that may be difficult to attain at a constant 9 bars of pressure.
The Strada EP 1 group is equipped with a self-contained 2 liter water tank that makes plumbing optional (see photo below).
Electronically controlled gear pumps provide precise, direct pressure control. Motor speed is controlled with La Marzocco’s classic paddle interface. The Electronical Paddle assures absolute and direct control of pressure at any point during the extraction and it is manually controlled by the barista. Thanks to the Strada EP technology it is possible to program and reproduce pressure profiles.
- Repeatable pressure profiling: absolute and direct control of pressure at any point during extraction – with 4 programmable pressure profiles and one fly by wire mode per group.
- Individual internal gear pumps: one gear pump per group delivers stable, dependable pressure control, while reducing the need for regular steam valve maintenance.
- Individual displays: with real time pressure and shot timers.
- Performance touch steam wand: high performing steam wand that is cool to the touch.
- Proportional valve technology: variable solenoid valve control of the steam wand.
- Transferable pressure profiles: record and replay pressure curves.