What Does Ditting K, KR, KFA, KF Refer To?
- K refers to a Lab grinder (either Standard or Sweet)
- Lab models are equipped with an adjustable tray
- Lab Sweet models are equipped with an adjustable tray and Sweet discs
- Lab and Lab Sweet models are best for grinding into cups, bowls, coffee bags and filters
- Lab Sweet grinders are more popular with home users
- KR are equipped with a manual bag clamp and vibrator plates
- KR models are best for grinding into coffee bags and filters
- KFA refers to an automatic bag clamp (no bag shaking unit)
- KF is the designation of the older KF models that have been out of production for a few years. The discharge tube is completely different (square instead of round) and no extra accessories. No vibrator plate, no adjustable tray. The KR 804 was the upgrade to the KF 804. Once the vibrator plate was designed, the KF804 was best if only grinding into filters.
All Ditting grinders have an automatic bag clamp with the exception of the KFA1403 and KF1800 light-industrial grinders which are not designed for grinding into coffee bags.