The original Lunar has a mini USB charging port and the Lunar 2021 has a USB-C charging port.
The Lunar has 0.1-gram readability while the Lunar 2021 has the option of 0.01-gram readability.
The user has the ability to adjust the brightness of the display on the Lunar 2021 through the settings menu.
If you have a frequently used container in your weighing workflow, you can save the weight of the container using the Tare Save function. This will allow you to weigh the container with contents, then trigger Tare Save to deduct the container weight and obtain the net weight.
Updated Espresso Brewing Summary
In all Auto Modes (including Auto-Tare Mode), when brewing is complete and the cup is removed from the scale, the display will flash to show the final beverage weight and the average flow rate of the brewing.
Several New Indicators
- Charging / Low Battery Indicator: This indicator turns on when the battery is charging and turns off once the battery is fully charged. The indicator starts flashing when the battery power is low as a reminder to charge the scale. * Note: The Lunar 2021 is equipped with charging protection to prevent the battery from charging under high temperatures. It is normal if the scale does not charge when the surface is hot from brewing coffee. Battery charging function will be enabled once the scale has cooled.
- Bluetooth Connection Indicator: This indicator turns on when the scale is connected to Acaia Apps.
- Weight Stable Indicator: This indicator turns on when the weight is stable.
- Weighing in Ounces / Data Transmitting Indicator: This indicator turns on when the weighing unit is in ounces. The indicator also lights up during software update to indicate data transfer.
- Button Pressed Indicator: This indicator turns on when a button is pressed