The Ditting 804 Retail Grinder is valued for its impressive functionality and reliability. This grinder is commonly used where different coffee bean flavors have to be ground as this requires more frequent and thorough cleaning.
- A second fan has been added just behind the grinding chamber
- The motor runs cooler
- The hopper locking mechanism has been modified for easier removal and replacement
- Same basic size, with a recommended clearance a cabinet of about 25" to allow for opening and filling the hopper.
The Lab Sweets of each series, 804 and 807, are the same basic design. In the 804 series, the 804 Lab Sweet is a mirrored finish (gorgeous!) with the Sweet discs installed. On the 807 Lab Sweet, the discs are the main difference. It uses a tray instead of a vibrator plate like the KR804 and KR807 models, but the basic body is black or white.
**"Sweet" discs are the same for the 804 and 807 "Sweet" grinders - cast steel, different composite which affects the flavor, bringing out the sweetness of the bean and helping to eliminate bitterness.
- Standard 804 grinders (KR804, K804 Lab) are standard, machined discs.
- Standard 807 grinders (KR807) uses standard, machined discs.
- Sweet discs can be installed into any 804 or 807 series Ditting grinder
- KR models with a vibrator plate are best for grinding into coffee bags and filters
- Lab and Lab Sweet models are best for grinding into cups, bowls, coffee bags and filters.
- Lab Sweet grinders seem more popular with home users.