Need help getting your cafe back in business? We've put together five simple troubleshooting tips to help you get your cafe back up and running.
- Just like your computer at home, sometimes turning the machine off and on again will reset the error message and get you back up and running.
- Mineral particles that occur naturally in water are your coffee equipment’s worst enemy. As water heats and steams, “scale” is left behind. Avoid using the hot water spout on your espresso machine for hot drinks, as it dispenses mineral-rich, scalding hot water directly from the steam boiler.
- If you see a message that refers to a flow-meter error, it means that water is not able to pass through the machine as intended. Before calling for service, first check your water supply. Was water shut-off in the building? Is the supply line pinched? Is your water filter due for a change?
- Weak Coffee or overflowing your pot? Check to see if the spray-head is missing or clogged. If the water is shooting straight down and not showering the grounds in the basket, these common issues will occur.
- Water under the machine? First, check the drain. If the hose is loose or clogged, you found your way to the low-tech fix. Clear and re-fasten the drain hose.