Coffee Holding & Serving Best Practices
Brewed coffee should be enjoyed while flavor and aroma are at their peak. BUNN offers a range of holding and serving equipment designed to keep your coffee at its best.
- Ideal holding temperature: 80ºF to 85ºC
- Most volatile aromatics in coffee have boiling points well below that of water and continue to evaporate from the surface until pressure in the serving container reaches equilibrium. A closed container can slow the process of evaporation.
- Ideal serving temperature: 80ºF to 85ºC
- Volatile aromatics in coffee are not perceived when coffee is served at lower temperatures.
- Ideal holding time: 20 minutes in an open top decanter / 60 minutes in a closed container
- Holding coffee longer will result in loss of the smooth, sweet and complex flavors and instead produce a scorched or bitter taste.