If steaming milk is either happening too slowly or faster than you can control, you may be able to improve the experience by switching the steam tip. The larger holes a steam tip has, the quicker it will steam and froth milk. Steam tips with smaller holes tend to allow for greater user control.
Take a look at those Steam Tips
- Bottom: 1.2 mm, the smaller holes help get that perfect microfoam, especially when using a smaller pitcher.
- Top: 1.8mm, lets you use the steam boiler pressure at full power, optimizing speed during peak hours.
Voltage Coffee Supply offers the following steam wand tips:
- La Marzocco 4 Hole (Smaller) Steam Tip 1.2mm L178
- La Marzocco 4 Hole (Performance Touch) Steam Tip Nozzle 1.2mm A.5.054
- La Marzocco 4 Hole (Standard) Steam Tip 1.8mm L173
A.5.054.01 – for Pro Touch wands
L178.01 – for standard wands