Both the Mahlkonig GH2 and Bunn G1 / G2 / G3 grinders are designed to grind a full bag of coffee at a time. Bulk coffee grinders like these are great for use in retail stores, cafes, and coffee roasters. What are the major differences between the two?
Mahlkonig GH2 Specs:
- Hopper size: 4.4 lb bean hopper
- 85 mm flat steel burrs
- Full grind range from fine to coarse (18 settings)
- Grinding Speed: average 1 lb. per minute
- Bag Clamp: Yes
- Burrs made in Italy, grinder made in China
Bunn G1/G2/G3 Specs:
- Hopper sizes: Options (G1 holds 1 pound, G2 holds 2 pounds, G3 holds 3 pounds of fresh beans)
- 80mm Steel burrs
- Grinding Speed: average 1 lb. per 30 seconds
- Full grind range from fine to coarse (8 settings)
- Bag Clamp: No
- Made in the USA
Small or large, fine or coarse - selecting the right retail coffee grinder is very important to meet the demands of your discerning customers. Apart from consistency, a high capacity, a professional coffee grinder is an essential element to have for a successful coffee business. Nobody likes waiting for a long time for their coffee so a retail coffee grinder must be able to meet the demands of consistency, high usage as well as quick grinding time.